Chocolate banana cream pie is a rich and creamy dessert. A layer of chocolate is melted onto the buttery crust before it is filled with custard. The banana slices are tossed in orange juice and coffee liqueur to add another layer of flavor to the dessert. This pie needs quite a bit of time to chill so it's best if made ahead of time.
1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
3 ounces Bittersweet chocolate, finely grated
2 lrg Eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Light cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 lrg Bananas, ripe
1 tablespoon Orange juice
1 tablespoon Coffee-flavored liqueur, optional
1 cup Heavy cream
2 tablespoons Confectioner's sugar, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Fresh nutmeg, grated
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the pie shell on a cookie sheet and scatter the chocolate in the shell. To make the custard, mix together the eggs, sugar, cream, and vanilla. Pour into the pastry shell and carefully put it in the oven. Bake until the custard is nearly set in the middle, about 40 minutes. Let the custard cool, then cover and chill.
Right before serving, peel and slice the bananas, and toss them with the orange juice and coffee liqueur. Spread the slices on the custard. Whip the heavy cream, sweeten it with confectioner's sugar, and flavor with vanilla.
Spread the cream over the bananas, dust with nutmeg, and chill until serving time. Don't let the completed pie wait long.
- S'more Ice Cream Pie for Father's Day
- To Die For - Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- Going Bananas for Banana Cream Pie
- To Die For Coconut Cream Pie Vegan Milkshake
- Indulgent Almond Joy Cream Pie
- Must-Make Banana Split Ice Cream
- Celebrate National Banana Cream Pie Day
- Incredible Ice Box Pies for Summer
- 3 Ice Cream Sandwiches You Won't Want To Miss This Summer
- Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie and More No-Bake Pies
- Choco-Coco-Banana Cake
- Going Banana's for Banana Cream Pie
- Coffee & Banana Pie (Pastel de Cafe y Bananos)
- No-Bake Banana Split Pie
- Banana & White Chocolate Cream Pie
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Banana & Snickerdoodle s'mores with fresh berries
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Chocolate Whoopie Pie Recipe