These healthy fava crostini are so easy to make and you'll simply love their fresh flavor! Enjoy them on their own as a light lunch or serve alongside a bowl of soup for a quick and easy dinner.
Submitted to Foodista by La Tavola Marche
1 cup of double shelled (outer pod & inner shell removed) fresh fava or broad bean
couple glugs of olive oil
garlic clove, skinned, whole
squeeze of lemon
salt & pepper
baguette or crusty bread, sliced & toasted
Throw the fava in a pan & cover with water & a little salt. Bring to a boil & lower to a simmer. Cook a couple of minutes until the fava are tender. Drain.
Return the pan to the heat. Pour in a couple glugs of olive oil and the garlic clove. Fry the garlic until browned. Then discard garlic.
Toss the fava into the pan & saute for a minute or two. Then begin mashing with the back of a wooden spoon until you form a paste. If you need to add a bit of water, do so.
Remove fava paste from heat & season with salt & pepper add a squeeze of lemon.
Toast slices of good bread & rub warm fava mixture & top with shaved parmesan. You can drizzle a little really good quality extra virgin olive oil as well if you like.
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Simple Sunday: Pasta with Chardonnay and Broccoli
- Excellent Eggplant Dishes for Meatless Monday
- Meatless Monday: GF Stuffed Heirloom Tomatoes
- Meatless Monday: Caprese Quinoa Salad
- 11 Best Sweet & Savory Crepes Recipes
- 5 Must-Try Baked Pasta Dishes
- Homemade Allergy Friendly Gnocchi
- 5 Must Try Olive Recipes
- Meatless Monday: Italian Baked Eggs