I love meat but let's face it, it's much healthier for our planet and our bodies if we don't eat much of it or avoid it altogether. In our home we eat red meat maybe once a month and fish once or twice a week, but for health reasons we try to eat a mostly plant-based diet. And let me tell you, we can tell a big difference in our waistlines because of it! If you haven't done so already, try giving up meat once a week on Meatless Monday. We've become more creative cooks because of it and have learned many new and delicious ways to make hearty meals with beans, grains and a multitude of vegetables.
Try some of my favorite meatless dishes below like a bright herbaceous Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Tofu (yes, there is a bit of fish sauce but you can eliminate it if you like), a lovely Italian dish of Vegetable Stuffed Eggplant, my very own Vegan Caramelized Leek and Arugula Pizza (use real cheese to make it vegetarian if you prefer), and a bright and beautiful Carrot Ginger Bisque soup. Read on and be sure to check out our Meatless Monday Recipes Pinterest board for more inspiration. Here's to a heart-healthy diet and a happy planet!
- Easiest Ever Gluten Free Lentil Fennel Artichoke Salad
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- 5 Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Vegetarian Recipe: Sweet Potato Burger with Chipotle and Roasted Garlic
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes