Looking for a cute - but easy! - treat to serve this Easter Sunday? We love this giant Easter egg cookie decorated with festive Easter candies! Ready-made sugar cookie dough makes this dessert a cinch and kids will love digging into it!
Giant Easter Egg Cookie
Courtesy of FoodNetwork.com
One 16.5-ounce tube ready-made sugar cookie dough, at room temperature
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups assorted Easter candy, such as jelly beans and mini eggs, etc.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix the cookie dough with the flour until it is an even texture. Turn the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet and form it into the shape of an egg about 1/2-inch thick, 9 inches long and 7 inches wide at its widest point. Bake until golden around the edges, about 25 minutes. Remove the cookie from the oven to cool, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat the egg whites and sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Add the lemon juice and continue to beat until thick and glossy, about 5 minutes.
Fill a pastry bag or plastic baggie with the icing, snip off a small corner and pipe decorations on the cookie. Attach the candies in patterns to make a decorative Easter egg.
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Cute Coconut Chick Cake Balls
- Complete Your Easter With These Amazing Cadbury Egg Doughnuts
- Surprise Giant Peeps Cake
- Cute and Easy Easter Bunny Cookies
- Cute and Tasty Easter Bunny Cake
- A Nice, Heavy Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Savory Spinach Easter Pie
- Italian Easter Sweet Bread
- Easter Bunny Monkey Bread
- Easter Nest Sweet Cake With Sour Cream-Royal Icing and Pistachios
- Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage- Sans the Cabbage
- Orange Scented Steam Cake with Strawberries
- A twist on soda bread, Irish Oat Scones
- Purple Potato Slaw
- Matzo in a Wok
- Easter Bunny's Vegan Ambrosia Salad
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie
- Apple Spice Cookies; a recipe for comfort when the air turns chilly
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole