These pizza pocket bunnies are a savory Easter meal. Store bough pizza dough is stuffed with mini pepperoni slices and cheese. The outside of the pockets are decorated with olives, carrots and cheese to resemble a bunny rabbit. You can change the fillings to include sausage, vegetables, or just plain cheese.
Pizza Pocket Bunnies
1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
4 teaspoons pizza sauce
20 mini pepperoni slices
2 slices American cheese
3 olives, thinly sliced into 3 equal slices
12 matchstick-cut carrots
Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll pizza crust on work surface. Press into 11x16-inch rectangle. Use 5-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut 6 heart shapes (discard remaining dough). Place 2 hearts on ungreased cookie sheet. Spread pizza sauce to within 1/2 inch of edge; top with pepperoni and half a slice of cheese on crust. Place a second heart shape over the pizza filling on each. Pinch edges to seal. Cut each of the remaining 2 hearts in half to make the bunny ears. Place on cookie sheet and tuck pointed ends under the smaller end of the heart.
In small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water. Brush over crust. Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Meanwhile, cut remaining cheese to make bunny ears and nose. Place cheese decorations, olives and carrots on face. Serve immediately.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista was not paid for this post
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Mediterranean Egg Pizza
- Easter Bunny Monkey Bread
- Mustard-Maple Ham Steaks With Cider-Madeira Sauce
- Individual Potato Kugel
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Bacon Pull Apart Bread
- Complete Your Easter With These Amazing Cadbury Egg Doughnuts
- Cinnamon Roll Bunnies
- Six Layer Chocolate Coconut Peeps Cake is the Ultimate Easter Dessert
- How to Recipe: Mini Bacon Egg Breakfast Cups