If you are worried about over indulging this Easter, frittata with sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers and kale from Mother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done Right is good and good for you. Besides being packed with vegetables, this frittata substitutes half of the eggs for egg whites and uses low fat mozarella cheese to save on calories. This dish serves a crowd and is perfect for family gatherings.
Sun Dried Tomato, Red Pepper and Kale Frittata
Submitted to Foodista by Mother Rimmy
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 cups kale, chopped
4 tablespoons sun dried tomato, minced
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
4 large egg
4 large egg whites
4 tablespoons oregano, fresh finely chopped
1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 pinch salt 1 pinch pepper
Preheat broiler to high with grate set towards the top of the oven.
Preheat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
Add onion and cook 4 -5 minutes until very soft. Add garlic, kale, sun dried tomato and bell peppers. Cook another 4 – 5 minutes until kale is softened.
Whip eggs, then add eggs and oregano to the skillet. Spread egg mixture evenly with kale mixture. Cook 4 – 5 minutes until just barely set, shaking pan frequently to distribute heat and cook eggs evenly.
Sprinkle cheeses over the top of the frittata and place it under the broiler to melt the cheese and brown it lightly.
- Savory Spinach Easter Pie
- Easter Brunch: Monterey Jack and Ham Quiche
- Asparagus and Spinach Frittata
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Ham and Biscuit Strata
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Mediterranean Egg Pizza
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Meatless Monday: Frittata With Sun Dried Tomato, Roasted Peppers and Kale
- Mediterranean Deviled Eggs
- Perfectly Simple: Green Tomato and Leek Frittata
- Complete Your Easter With These Amazing Cadbury Egg Doughnuts
- Frittata With Sun Dried Tomato, Roasted Peppers and Kale
- Tomato Frittata with Basil and Parmesan Cheese
- Frittata with Mushrooms, Thyme, and Parmigiano Cheese
- Frittata With Italian Sausage and Cheeses
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Juicy Steak With Mushrooms, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Horseradish Sauce
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomato Panini
- Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Dressing
- Kale, Shrimp and Scallop Stir Fry
- Sun Dried Tomato and Parmesan Brussels Sprouts