Margarita popsicles are a fun way to serve this must-have Cinco de Mayo cocktail. These popsicles are lime flavored but feel free to use your favorite margarita. Mango and strawberry margarita pops would also be delicious.
Makes 12 popsicles.
2 parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
2 parts DeKuyper® 03 Premium Orange Liquer
8 parts fresh squeezed lime juice (8-12 small limes, usually)
4 parts sugar
8 parts water
12 3-oz disposable paper cups
12 wooden popsicle sticks or spoons
Heat water and sugar in a small sauce pan until completely dissolved and the water is clear. Let cool. Pour into a pitcher with lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur. Pour 5 tbsp of margarita into each cup. Place cups into a baking dish and put the dish in the freezer. After about 2 hours, start checking the popsicles. Once they're frozen enough to support the wooden stick, insert a stick into each popsicle, pushing ¾ of the way into the popsicle. Let freeze several more hours or until completely frozen (or freeze overnight). To serve, peel the paper cup away from the popsicle, starting at the seam of the cup, and carefully remove the bottom.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista was not paid for this post
- 5 Fabulous Summer Desserts for 4th of July
- Cinco de Mayo Treats: Margarita Ice Cream
- Another White Dessert for Labor Day: Yogurt Popsicles
- 5 Last Minute 4th of July Treats
- 6 Must Try Cocktail Popsicle Recipes
- Berry Amazing Kefir Popsicles
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- Summer Eats: Creamy Margarita Popsicles
- Cinco de Mayo Recipe: Honeydew Cucumber Margarita Popsicles
- Crazy Good Nanaimo Ice Cream Bars