Potato salad and summer go hand in hand. Whenever there is a barbecue, more than likely there is a bowl of potato salad too. But poor potato salad; its been overused and poorly seasoned with ingredients that underwhelm the palette.
This Japanese version from Set the Table changes that. Tender red potatoes are combined with crispy slices of cucumber and thinly sliced red onions. The dressing is mayonnaise mixed with hot mustard. I add a few splashes of rice wine vinegar too.
The key to potato salad is to use the mayonnaise dressing in moderation, you do not want to drown the potatoes to the point where you cannot taste the other ingredients. This potato salad isn't revolutionary but there are enough small changes that make it exciting, new, and of course, delicious. Serve this recipe at your next outdoor cookout and watch heads turn as they try this updated version of potato salad. Click here for full recipe instructions.
- The Ultimate Ramen Burger
- Radically Different Ramen Roll
- Bacon-Wrapped Sushi Replaces Seaweed with Swine
- 4 Favorite American Dishes with an International Twist
- Meatless Monday: 5 Grilled Tofu Recipes
- Asian Fusion Cooking: Ginger Miso Meatloaf
- Ramen Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 Sizzling Steak Sandwiches
- Three Meatballs Recipes You've Probably Never Tried Before
- Ginger and Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Quick and Easy Scallop Pasta
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Asian Fusion Appetizer: Salmon & Asian Pesto Packages
- Japanese Style Shrimp Stir Fry (or Ebi(エビ) Yakasobe(やかそべ)) with Ramen Noodles
- Yuan Yang Crispy & Crunchy Hong Kong Kailan
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Braised Pork Bellies With Abalone In Claypot
- Korean Bread
- Flavored Shiitake
- Ginger Pork Pot Stickers