Potato salad triggers memories of family gatherings, picnics at the park, and outdoor fun. You've probably made the same recipe for ages with the dressing being a combination of mayonnaise and mustard. While delicious in its own right, potato salad is one of those dishes that allows for experimentation. You can play around with the additional ingredients added to the salad or swap out the creamy dressing for a light vinaigrette or pesto. These five recipes differ from the norm and will be a hit at any picnic.
This recipe uses sweet potatoes to contrast the other bold flavors in this dish. The potatoes are tossed with avocado, cilantro, black beans and onions.
Fingerling are a bite sized version of this favorite root vegetable. In this salad they are simply dressed with roasted garlic and chives
You can make this potato salad ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge for a day or two before serving. This is the perfect dish to bring to an outdoor cookout as you don't need to worry about keeping it cool (as you would with a mayonnaise based potato salad).
This potato salad is made with a touch of Southern flavor. A combination of russet potatoes and sweet potatoes are used and instead of olives, chopped pickled okra is added.
A mayo-free, grain-free, and vegan potato salad suitable for all diets. The tangy dressing is a combination of a smashed avocado, apple cider vinegar, and mustard powder.
- Thrifty Thursday: Holiday Salads
- Picnic Food: Dill Potato Salad
- Meatless Monday: Grilled Potato Salad With Herb Dressing
- Plan the Perfect Picnic: Best Pasta Salad Recipes
- 10 Best Potato Salad Recipes
- Raw Pasta Salad with Spiralized Zucchini
- 5 Best Broccoli Salad Recipes
- 5 Mouth Watering Potato Salad Recipes for Memorial Day
- 5 Best Chicken Salad Recipes for Summer
- Ultimate DIY BBQ Sauce
- Oven Roasted Potatoes With Hot Chili Sauce
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad With Three Cheeses
- simple potato salad + bacon + onion
- Kale Mashed Potatoes
- Marbled Mashed Yukon Gold and Sweet Potatoes
- Philadelphia Mashed Potatoes
- Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- Mash Potatoes
- Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes