Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is voluntarily recalling their 18 lb and 7 lb bagged ice sold between January 1 and June 10, 2014. This recall is the result of the discovery that some ice may contain metal pieces from a broken part in the machine that makes the ice. The metal fragments pose a possible choking hazard.
The affected bags were sold in Wegmans' stores located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, and Maryland. It is to be noted that the recall doesn't affect Wegmans ice sold in New York State, Massachusetts or Erie, Pennsylvania.
- 18 lb bags have the UPC number: 77890 29200
- 7 lb bags have the UPC number: 77890 29197
According to the Wegman's press release, this recall will affect approximately 6,000 pounds of ice. Wegmans will also be contacting customers who purchased the affected ice if they used their Shoppers Club card.
Customers may return the product to Wegmans for a full refund.
- Food Recall: Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts
- Food Recall: Fruiti Pops Recall Due To Undeclared Eggs
- Spice Recall: Turmeric Laced with Lead
- Food Recall: 4C Parmesan Cheese
- Wegmans Recall Foods Containing Gills Onions
- 5 Must-Have Fierce Father's Day Finds
- HUGE Apple Slices Recall: Please Read
- Father's Day On the Grill: A BBQ Menu That'll Stick To His Ribs
- Food Recall: Bumble Bar Assorted Gluten Free Cafe Bars
- Food Recall: River Ranch Salads
- Caesar Salad In A Bag
- Strawberry Honey Vanilla Ice Cream
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Devil's Food Cake Recipe
- Fruity Tooty
- Homemade Dulce De Leche Ice Cream (Eggless!)
- Fresh Banana Ice-cream with Coconut
- Valentine's Day Potted Plant Ice-Cream Desserts
- MODERN BOSSAM (BRAISED & BOILED PORK W LETTUCE WRAPS)
- Diabetic Delicious Double Berry Ice Cream