A special holiday like the Fourth of July deserves an extra special dessert like an American flag cake. This fun and festive dessert is easy to make and guarantees "oohhhs" and "aahhhs" from hungry onlookers at your independence day party.
While this cake may not be much to look at from the outside, once cut, you'll see that the several cake layers are stacked to resemble the American flag. To create this effect, this patriotic cake requires you to bake four white cakes (two of which have been colored red and one that has been colored blue). This recipe uses boxed cake mix but feel free to use your favorite white cake recipe instead. Each cake layer is slathered with buttercream as well as the outside of the cake.
This would also be a great dessert to serve at a World Cup party if you're rooting for team USA.
- How to Make a 4th of July Flag Cake
- A Gluten-Free Menu to Enjoy on the 4th of July
- Surprise Star Spangled Cookies are a Fun 4th of July Treat
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Desserts to Celebrate the 4th of July
- Must-Blog Posts: 4th of July Eats and Treats
- Fun 4th of July Marble Bundt Cake
- 5 Patriotic Cakes to Make Your 4th of July Festive
- 5 Gourmet Hot Dogs for July 4th
- 5 Grilled Vegetarian Dishes to Serve to Non-Meat Eaters on July 4th
- 4th of July Menu: Red White and Blue Through and Through!