Fact: We could all use a little more greens in our diet. And adding some blueberries and other superfruits doesn't hurt either. One of the first rules to living a healthier life is to cook food you actually want to eat. There are so many delicious dishes that do the body good. These salad recipes are just the beginning of what is possible when you push yourself to create healthy meals at home.
Instead of cole slaw or potato salad, make this broccoli blueberry salad at your next cookout. This salad gets better the longer it sits so you can make it in advance and let it hang out in the fridge until you're ready to serve.
The sweet blueberries compliment the flavor of the bitter mixed greens. You can find pre-packaged salad mixes that contain a variety of greens including chard, kale, spinach, dandelion greens and more. To turn this salad into a complete meal, serve with grilled chicken,
This whole grains salad is the perfect dish to bring to picnics. Not only is it flavorful but it's also super healthy. You can use a mixture of whole grains or just stick with a single grain like frekkah, quinoa, or barley.
Blueberries are packed with antioxidants and when paired with kale and pomegranate seeds create a superfood salad. Tasty salads like this one make eating healthy easy.
- Kale, Glorious Kale Cookbook and a Kale and Apple Salad Recipe
- Unbelievably Crunchy Kale Salad Recipe
- Raw Kale Salad
- Healthy and Delicious Warm Kale Salad
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad and Other Quinoa Salad Recipes
- Superfood Salad
- Killer Kale Salads for Everyday Meals
- 5 Kale Salads to Help You Eat Healthier in 2015
- Light and Healthy: Marinated Kale Salad
- Spicy Grilled Tofu and Kale Salad
- Zesty Spinach Salad
- Lasagna With Spinach, Kale and Tofu
- Kale and Chickpea Soup with Lemon
- Red Quinoa, Kale, Blood Orange and Pom Salad With Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- Broccoli, Dried Cranberry and Smokey Bacon Salad
- Broccoli salad with crisp bacon bits
- Sweet and Crunchy Cruciferous Veggie Salad With Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Sesame Kale Salad from Enterprise Farm
- Spinach and Beet Green Salad With Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- Spinach Basil Pesto Summer Pasta Salad With Chicken