Spicy coconut and squid salad is summertime in a bowl. This simple Thai inspired salad will knock your socks off.
Squid can be intimidating to prepare but I assure you that it's easier then you think. For this recipe, the body and tentacles of the squid are used. You can usually purchase the squid already cleaned at your local fish market. You can use both fresh or frozen for this recipe. When slicing the tube into rings make sure that they are all the same thickness so that they cook evenly.
Prior to cooking, the squid is marinated in a mixture of lime juice, palm sugar coconut milk and chilies. The key to tender is cooking it for a minute or less. Overcooked squid because tough and chewy. Let the squid come to room temperature again after cooking before you chill it in the fridge. Serve this squid salad on a bed of butter lettuce with vermicelli noodles.
- Simple Thai Salad with Chinese Pork Sausage
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Vegetable and Tofu Pad Thai
- Coconut and Shrimp Thai Noodle Soup in a Mug
- Thai Chicken Salad
- How to Make Thai Peanut Sauce
- How to Make Homemade Coconut Jam
- Thai Takeout Classic: Pad See Ew
- Light and Healthy Thai Broccoli Salad Bowls
- Summer Salads to Keep You Fit Throughout the Season
- Easy Thai Beef Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Thai Calamari
- Barbecued Squid
- Thai Sausage Salad
- Kung Pao Squid
- Thai Shrimp Wraps
- Cool and Refreshing Asian Cucumber Salad
- Black Squid Ink Risotto With Grilled Calamari
- Ojingeo Twigim (Korean Fried Squid aka Calamari)
- Yuan Yang Crispy & Crunchy Hong Kong Kailan