If you are planning a barbecue for the Fourth of July, this red, white and blue berry torte should make an appearance on the menu. In keeping with the patriotic theme, this dessert naturally sports the colors of the American flag. A gingersnap cookie crust is filled with a rich cream cheese batter and topped with fresh berries. While the recipe calls for only blueberries and raspberries, feel free to throw in strawberries and blackberries as well.
The best part about this dessert is that you only bake it for five minutes. The cookie crumbs are combined with butter and baked for a few minutes so that it can set. Otherwise, the torte chills in the fridge for four or more hours until it's serving time. This Fourth of July torte is easy, festive and delicious.
15 gingersnaps, finely crushed
25 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups blueberries
2 cups raspberries
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Mix cookie crumbs, nuts and butter; press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 5 min.; cool completely.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended; spread onto bottom of crust. Top with berries.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Desserts to Celebrate the 4th of July
- 4th of July Berry Shortcakes
- A Gluten-Free Menu to Enjoy on the 4th of July
- July 4th Firework Fries
- How to Make a 4th of July Flag Cake
- Learn How to Make an American Flag Cake for the 4th of July
- 4th of July Cocktail: Purple Melon's Majesty
- 5 Patriotic Cakes to Make Your 4th of July Festive
- Star Spangled Whoopie Pies with Berries
- Fourth of July Fudge Stars
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Torte With Ginger Crust
- Frozen Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Organic Berry Crostata
- Come Si Prepara Il “pan Di Spagna”, Base Per Torte Da Conservare E Tenere Pronta Per Ogni Occasione.
- Luscious Berry Custard Cobbler
- Lithuanian Strawberry Torte
- Grilled Lamb Chops and Asparagus With Balsamic Berry Sauce
- Blueberry Torte Dessert
- Refreshing Almond and Berry Smoothie