Burgers are as much apart of summer as the ice cream cone or peaches. They come in all shapes, sizes and flavors. Most cooks go straight for ground beef but chicken deserves some burger love too. The important thing when cooking a chicken burger is to not let it dry out. Chicken has significantly less fat then beef and therefore can have a tough time staying juicy. Monitor the temperature of the patties and remove them from the grill at approximately 160 degrees Fahrenheit (carry over cooking time should raise the temperature another five degrees or so). Treat the chicken burger as you would a beef one and pile on the toppings and condiments.
Not every burger must consist of a fully formed patty. These shredded BBQ chicken burgers prove that bits and pieces of meat work just as well. This is a great recipe to make in the crock pot or use up leftover rotisserie chicken.
Sometimes buns just don't cut it and when you have cheesy jalapeno corn waffles, who wouldn't want to swap? These chicken burgers have a south of the border twist and are darn good too.
The buffalo chicken burger is your favorite game day appetizer turned into comfort food. Hearty chicken patties are glazed with buffalo sauce and topped with a blue cheese broccoli slaw to balance the heat.
Red curry paste is not a staple in everyone's pantry but it should be. It adds such great flavor to so many dishes like these chicken burgers with grilled pineapple. The sweetness of the pineapple balances the spice from the curry paste.
Roasted tomatoes, fresh pesto and mozzarella cheese - few combinations could be better than these three ingredients on a burger. And when paired with a homemade whole wheat foccacia bun, this food is heaven.
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Memorial Day Burgers
- Red Lentil Burger and Other Vegetarian Burgers to Eat on Independence Day
- Get Grilling: Beef Beyond Burgers
- 5 Best Chicken Salad Recipes for Summer
- Incredible Szechuan Beef Burger
- The Best Labor Day Grilled Honey Lime Chicken
- Beef Burgers with Sweet and Spicy Relish
- Get Grilling: Best Chicken Recipes for the BBQ
- Fat & Furious "The End Burger" Will Ensure You're Satisfied at the End of the World
- 10 Great Burgers For Memorial Day Weekend
- Spatchcock Chicken & Turkey
- Stufz Bastille Burger
- Seasoned Burgers
- Perfect Circle Burgers
- Perfect Circle Burgers
- Mesquite-Smoked Onion-Cheddar Burgers
- Ginger Orange Chicken
- Grilled Chicken & Steak w Vegetable Medley
- Grilled Chicken and Sweet With Heat Boysenberry Barbecue Sauce
- One Pan Lemon Chicken