There are three parts to a strawberry shortcake: the base, the cream, and of course, the strawberries. To make an outstanding version of strawberry shortcake, all three parts must be delicious on their own. Strawberries, the obvious star of this dessert, should be the best you can find. This means when purchasing a pint or two, take special care to get a bunch that are ripe. Look for berries that have a deep red color (no green or white) and should be soft when pressed gently. While I love the classic strawberry shortcake, these versions are equally scrumptious.
Instead of the classic buttery biscuit, this recipe uses whoopie cakes to hold the filling. A whoopie pie can best be described as a cake-like cookie, it's soft with tender crumb. These pies are filled to the brim with whipped cream and strawberries.
Strawberry shortcake in a jar is the "to-go" version of this scrumptious dessert. This jarred dessert is great for picnics and other outdoor events. You can pick up a half dozen of these inexpensive canning jars at the grocery store.
You can't get more decadent than fried strawberry shortcake. Store bought biscuit dough is deep fried and rolled in cinnamon sugar before its paired with the whipped cream and strawberries.
When you see the word "vegan," you might be tempted to ignore this recipe - don't! This vegan strawberry shortcake is delicious in its own right. The biscuits use almond milk and vegetable oil as the main binder along with almond extract to flavor them. Coconut milk whipped cream is a rich dairy-free substitute that pairs well with the sweet straberries.
- 5 Ingredient Coconut Strawberry Ice Pops
- VIDEO: Gluten Free Strawberries + Cream Shortcake GFCF
- Wheatless Wednesdays: Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake
- Seasonal Eats: Gluten-Free Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Super Delicious Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes
- Must-Try Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Flatbread with Avocado and Hummus
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Roasted Figs 3 Ways
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake served with Vegan Whipped Cream
- A Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Homemade strawberry shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Donuts
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake With Creme Chantilly
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Divine Strawberry Shortcake With Marsala
- Strawberries & Cream with Rosemary Shortcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cobbler