With a country as large as the United States, there are culinary specialties unique to a city, state, or region. Louisiana Crunch Cake from Little Spice Jar is one of those specialties. For those of you who have never heard of this Southern dessert, it's a yellow cake that's baked with a crispy coconut topping and coated with a tangy lemon icing.
When baking any cake, especially this one, you do not want to over mix the batter or else you'll end up with a hockey puck instead of dessert. You'll want to beat the batter until the ingredients just come together. Don't worry about small lumps as they will disappear when the cake bakes. The "crunch" in the Louisiana crunch cake comes from the coconut topping that's baked with the cake. A similar technique is used, like pineapple upside down cake, where a combination of sugar and shredded coconut are placed at the bottom of the pan before the batter is poured in. Once the cake has baked, allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing it from the pan.
To bake this delicious and rich Louisiana crunch cake yourself, click here for full recipe instructions.
- Kings Cake is a Must-Have Dessert During Mardi Gras
- Six Layer Chocolate Coconut Peeps Cake is the Ultimate Easter Dessert
- The Most Amazing Coconut Cake for World Coconut Day
- Totally Delicious Triple Coconut Cake
- Pumpkin Ale Cake and Other Recipes that Highlight Pumpkin Beer
- Gluten-free Coconut Lime Tea Cake
- Crazy Good Coconut Macaroon Cake for Passover
- Chocolate Red Velvet Cake
- Red Hot Cinnamon Red Velvet Cake
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Spoon Cake