While the carnivores are focused on crafting the perfect burger for Independence day, vegans and vegetarians are often left to eat pre-packaged veggie patties that are flat and unexciting to the palette. Homemade meat-free burgers can be so incredible delicious and are easy to prepare too! While the grilled Portobello mushroom cap or tofu patty burger are tasty, it's time to branch out and experiment with different ingredients, textures and flavors. Check out these wonderful recipes for meatless burgers for some inspiration. For other vegetarian grilled side dishes, click here.
Quinoa is a great source of protein, especially if you don't eat meat. Cooked quinoa is mixed with mashed sweet potatoes to create the patty. These veggie burgers are served with creamy avocado and spicy chipotle sauce.
You'll never find beet and black bean burgers as good as these from a box. Inspired by Indian onion bhajis, grated raw beet root and smashed black beans along with coriander, cumin and green chile form the base of the burger. You can either cook these patties on the stove top or fry them like fritters.
Like the mushroom burger, thick slices of grilled eggplant replace the meat in these Mediterranean burgers. No ketchup or mustard is required for this dish. Instead hummus is the condiment of choice.
These vegan barbecue lentil burgers have a tropical twist. They are topped with a mango carrot slaw brought together with cashew cream. This burger is allergy-free so anyone with any kind of dietary restriction can enjoy it.
- 5 Grilled Vegetarian Dishes to Serve to Non-Meat Eaters on July 4th
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- 3 Must Try Garlic Mashed Potato Recipes
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- 5 Beautiful Butternut Squash Casseroles - Gluten Free
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Just Julie’s BBQ Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- Black Bean and Veggie Burgers with Corn Salsa
- Rice Burgers
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed W/spicy Biryani (Veg/vegan)
- Peppermint Bark Lollipops
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers