Cauliflower is the new black of healthy eating. This white brassica is no longer the lonely steamed floret on the plate but has transformed itself into a versatile and delicious ingredient. Not only has cauliflower become indispensable to those with special dietary needs but when chopped, pureed, or baked becomes a way to sneak in an additional serving of vegetables to those picky eaters in your family.
Believe it or not, cauliflower can be a delicious low carb substitute for rice. To prepare cauliflower "rice," you'll need a food processor to break down the florets into tiny granules. You can boil the rice but I prefer to bake it because it adds a nutty flavor to the dish. Feel free to add fresh herbs, nuts, dried fruit, and more to transform your cauliflower rice into something truly unique and delicious.
A creamy and cheesy sauce is usually something you enjoy every once in awhile, perhaps on a special occasion. However, with a cauliflower based cream sauce, those dishes can be eaten on the daily. Toss it with pasta to create a lighter version of fettuccine Alfredo or macaroni and cheese or as the sauce for a broccoli and chicken casserole or lasagna.
Cauliflower crust allows paleo and gluten-free eaters to add pizza back into their diet. This thin pizza crust is composed of just cheese, egg and cauliflower. You can slather this crust with your favorite pizza toppings including fresh tomato sauce, more cheese, and fresh tomatoes and basil.
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Must-Try Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Flatbread with Avocado and Hummus
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Steamed Artichokes with Roasted Pepper Aioli
- Fresh Summer Salads
- The Ultimate Diet Friendly Pizza
- 3 Spectacular Spaghetti Squash Recipes, Gluten Free
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Sumac dusted cauliflower steaks with pomegranate
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Mustard & Thyme Butter