One doesn’t often talk about the love they have for their refrigerator. I may not write it poetry or sing it love songs, but I do frequently whisper my heart-felt appreciation...
for its beauty and elegance,
and the way it purifies my families water,
for the way it heats my tea water to perfection (yes, it’s the only refrigerator that heats water!),
to the way it lights our food with beautiful LEDs...
I guess that was somewhat of a refrigerator love poem, wasn’t it?
In all seriousness, we love our GE Café French Door Refrigerator. It is, in fact, the only refrigerator that dispenses hot water, a feature that any hot beverage lover will appreciate. As a mom, I’m comforted by the fact that I can have tea water safely heating so that I can go about my morning business without fear of my preschooler getting hurt.
My family can also rest assured that the water and ice we consume is the most purified we can get (read more about water safety and the Café's filtration system here). The GE Café’s exclusive filtration system is the only refrigerator filter tested and verified to remove 98% of 5 trace pharmaceuticals (ibuprofen, atenolol, fluoxetine, progesterone, and trimethoprim) from water and ice. It's even NSF (the Public Health and Safety Organization) certified to filter contaminants such as cysts, lead, mercury, asbestos, and select pesticides and chemicals, as well as NSF certified for structural performance and to filter chlorine taste and odor and particulates. Not only do we want safe drinking water, but we want delicious tasting water, right?!
The lighting of this refrigerator is also truly wonderful, making food look as it should: fresh and colorful! I think back to my old fridge with the two dull bulbs and wonder how I ever found food. The GE Café has showcase LED lighting positioned throughout the interior, under doors, and numerous chrome disks that are angled perfectly to spotlight foods. There are five colorful LED lights inside the main temperature controlled food drawer, the color of which can be changed depending on the food type and temperature setting you select. Select red for Meat (32° F), blue for Beverages (34° F), green for Produce (36° F), light blue for Cheese (38° F), and purple for Citrus (40° F). You’ll also find two conveniently positioned LED lights in the freezer drawer, so no more lost food!
If you're it the market for a new refrigerator (or, hopefully I've inspired you to replace your old one!), be sure to check out the GE Café French Door Refrigerator. I'm confident you will be as happy as we are with ours. You may even find yourself whispering sweet nothings to it.
Check out all the amazing features here.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received a complimentary model of this refrigerator from GE Appliances in exchange for our honest review. We sincerely love this fridge so much that we remodeled our 1928 kitchen in order to accommodate it!
- GE Café: The First Refrigerator to Dispense HOT Water!
- GE Cafe Refrigerator's Brilliant Lighting Makes Food Look As Beautiful As It Should
- GE Cafe Refrigerator Filters 98% of Contaminates From Drinking Water
- Sky View Café: A Delicious View From Seattle's Tallest Building
- Barbie Cafe Opens Up in Taiwan
- Pay for Your Coffee With a Kiss at Sydney Cafe
- Who Knows What Your Cows Are Eating
- The Fridge Locker Will Protect Your Perishables
- Kelloggs Asks You To Share Your Breakfast
- Moms-to-Be Flock to Caiotti Pizza Cafe for Maternity Salad Dressing
- Secret To A Tasty Plate Of Fried Rice!
- Completo Hot Dog -- Best Dog Of Life
- World's Best Crepes
- “Not Your Granny’s” Pumpkin Pie Minis
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Pina Colada Jam Tart | Bring a Little Tropics to your Baking
- Aarti’s Green Minty Curry Chicken
- Creamy Red Pepper Soup
- Homemade Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Stuffed Banana Peppers