July 11th commemorates free Slurpee day at 7-11 stores across the country. I have fond childhood memories of visiting the green and red convenience store and filling my cup with every flavor available - pina colada, Coca Cola Classic, cherry, blue raspberry and more. I am not sure how I managed it since I was only ever allowed to get a small but somehow I was able to fit at least a taste of each one.
These days I limit my Slurpee splurges and prefer to make my own version at home. I still let my culinary creativity fuel my flavor choices but they pair better than say Berry Blaster and Dr. Pepper. Some of the slushies I've made in the past include lemon and basil, watermelon and mint and blood orange and pomegranate. Next time you're in need of a quick cool down, give one of these slushie recipes a try.
These homemade Slurpees will excite the kid in you (or your own kids). This slushie tastes exactly like the frozen drink from your childhood only better. The main flavoring agent is a packaged drink mix so there is a wide variety to choose from.
During the summer there are times when a dairy-free frozen dessert is hard to come by. This strawberry lemon frappe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. Fresh summer strawberries are blended to meyer lemons and a bit of sugar to create this tasty slushie.
This all-natural fruit slushie uses less than 5 ingredients. This icy beverage can be whipped up at a moment's notice to be enjoyed poolside. Add a shot or two of your favorite fruit vodka to turn this slushie into a frozen cocktail.
- Free Slurpees at 7-Eleven Today
- Aussie Ice Makes Handheld Slushies
- Cool and Refreshing Watermelon Slush
- Oh So Cool Lemonade Slush
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Summertime Recipes
- Today Only: Free Slurpees at 7-Eleven
- 4 Fabulous Copycat Frozen Drinks
- 6 Must Try Cocktail Popsicle Recipes
- Pina Colada Popsicles
- Free Slurpees on 7/11 at 7-Eleven
- Watermelon-Mint Granita
- Wine Slushie
- Fresh and Chilled Cherry Yogurt Smoothie
- Frozen Mocha Mix
- Boozy Strawberry Sweet Tart Slushie
- Frozen Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 2-Ingredient Frozen Yogurt
- A sensational summer sip from Prince Edward Island, The "Eddy"
- A healthy twist on the Pina Colada
- Frozen Banana Yogurt