Yesterday, we shared a step by step tutorial on how to grill pizza. This simple meal has an infinite number of delicious flavor combinations. You can go the traditional route and slather your crust with tomato sauce and top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni or opt for a lighter version with a seasonal vegetables and a few crumbles of goat cheese.
Before you light the grill, let's review a couple of tips. First, make sure you cook your crust on the grill prior to topping it. This step is important because it allows the dough to crisp and get those beautiful grill marks. When it comes to the toppings, keep it to a minimum (I recommend 5 ingredients or less). Choose a few key flavors that you would like to highlight on your pizza. With these helpful hints, your grilled pizza will be a success every time.
The trick to this pizza is to grill both sides of the crust prior to adding any toppings. Thin shavings of asparagus, toasted pistachios and dollops of fresh ricotta cheese cover the grilled crust and are drizzled with a bright and zesty lemon vinaigrette.
Inspired by the flavors of Argentina, this steak and chimichurri flat bread is summer pizza at its finest. The herbaceous chimichurri sauce provides the perfect contrast to the richly flavored steak
If you've never had the pleasure of eating an egg on pizza, you're missing out. The creamy yolk combined with the crunchy crust and fresh arugula creates a party in your mouth. This is one pizza you have to give a try.
Sweet, salty and tangy this grilled peach and gorgonzola pizza is the perfect appetizer to whet your appetite. Juicy summer peaches are layered on a bed on fresh mozzarella and a zippy gorgonzola. The drizzle of balsamic vinegar is the finishing touch that knocks this dish out of the park.
Figs wrapped in prosciutto are a traditional Italian antipasti so it's safe to say that they are dynamite together on this pizza. Prosciutto is widely available and can usually be purchased at your local Italian market or gourmet foods shop.
- How to Grill Pizza
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Campfire Cooking: 4 Recipes to Cook on Your Next Camping Trip
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Quick and Easy Grilled Vegetable Pizza
- 5 Dishes to Splurge On Using Your Tax Refund
- Grilled Fruit Pizza
- How-To Recipe: Easy Pizza Dough
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Pizzas on a Stick
- Savory Pizza Cupcakes
- Grilled Pizza Dough
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans
- Ffwd: Fresh Tuna, Machengo and Basil Pizza, gluten free and on the grill
- Quick & Easy Mini Pizza Buns!
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Roasted Corn on the Cobb
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp Barbequed Pizza
- Just in time for grill season, terrific tips for the perfect steak
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- A gluten free recipe for Easter Pie (Pizza Rustica)