Living in Maine, blueberries are a common staple. Locals buy (or pick) them by the pound, storing them in the freezer for year round use. Blueberries grow up here in huge fields of bright green leaves and brighter red stems. The hardy fruits even get weekends of celebration dedicated to them. We love to find recipes that use these delightful tasting berries. They are great to have on hand for both sweet and savory recipes. Check out some of these delightful ways to eat blueberries every day!
From Mom On Timeout
Nom. We love popsicles, and we love blueberries. This is a combination of deliciousness that you have to try. Combine Greek yogurt with protein packed breakfast cookies, and you have a sort of protein filled breakfast on a stick. We want to eat them all day long! Your kids will be amazed when you offer one of these delightful treats for breakfast.
From The Novice Chef
Blueberries are the perfect twist to a refreshing mojito. They pair beautifully with mint, and add a pretty blue sparkle to the finished drink. Awesome!
Blueberries and lemons make the perfect marriage. The tang of the lemon and the natural sweetness of the blueberries make for a wonderful flavored cake that is both lovely and tasty. Check out this pretty summer recipe. If that isn't enough to get you to try it, the cream cheese frosting might just be more than you can take!
- 5 Beautiful Baked Bean Recipes
- What's Hot: Mussels & Clams in White Wine
- 3 Perfect Pizzas For The Grill
- Must Have: Spicy Chipotle Pork Tostada With Avocado and Tomatoes
- 3 No Bake Summer Desserts
- Savory Bacon and Broccoli Bread Pudding
- Seasonal Summer Supper: Tomato Onion Tart
- 3 Chilled Summer Soups
- Grilled Mojito Chicken Bowls with Quinoa
- Seasonal Eating: Green Bean and Tomato Salad With Creamy Garlic Dressing