Since the popularization of the Frito pie, it's been socially acceptable to add the curly corn chips to a plethora of other dishes. We already know that they are delicious with chili and cheese whether the trio is served on its own or tucked between a bun or grilled cheese. They are also a tasty alternative to tortilla strips in soups and salads. If you're into the sweet and salty combination - try dipping your Fritos into chocolate. The recipes below are just three ways to eat Fritos for dinner but as you can probably tell, there are a lot more!
Go big or go home. These Frito pie burgers are not for the faint of heart. An 100% beef patty is loaded with chili, cheddar cheese, onions and of course Fritos. Since the chips are served on top of the burger, there is no need for them on the side.
When Fritos sneak their way into a salad, that's healthy right? This vegetarian Frito taco salad pairs plain Jane iceburg lettuce with pinto beans, tomatoes, cheese, and a healthy drizzle of Catalina dressing. Avocado and corn would also be delicious additions.
Instead of breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs, crushed Fritos form the crispy crust to these salmon cakes. The flaked salmon is combined with a corn, black beans, and a variety of warm spices including cumin and chili pepper. The cooked cakes are served with a creamy lemon chili sauce.
- Game Night: White Chili Frito Pie
- Gluten-Free Oven Baked Fish and Chips
- 5 Fish and Chip Recipes for Lent
- 7 Suprising Foods You Can Make With Potato Chips
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- Frito Pie is a Must-Have Super Bowl Snack
- 4 Sizzling Hickory Smoked Recipes
- DIY Hostess Cupcakes (Because It's Hard To Say Goodbye)
- 5 Summer Recipes that Will Change Your Life
- Delightful Avocado and Salmon Sliders
- Savory and Sweet tortilla chips, homemade goodness
- Garlic Butter Roast Cod
- Sinanglay - Tilapia Fish Recipe
- Bouillabaisse: A Delicious Fisherman’s Stew Originating in France
- Chocolate chip cookies, easier that buying:-)
- Salmon Fish Sticks with Crunchy Slaw
- Broiled Mackerel or Mackerel Preserves
- Golden Crunchy Fish Cakes With Creamy Dill Sauce
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Three Ingredient Party Shrimp