I've said it time and time again, my goal this summer is cook as little as possible. Please don't misinterpret this to mean that I don't want to prepare delicious food - no. I simply want to avoid turning on the oven or being perched over the stove top stirring something or other. I'm constantly reaching for my food processor to create a myriad of no-cook sauces and condiments to flavor my food. This means I'm cooking with pantry staples like canned beans and olives, garlic, herbs and olive oil. I use these "raw" sauces as marinades, sandwich spreads,and dipping sauces, just to name a few. These bright summer no-cook sauces will add a bang to your food without giving your heat stroke in the process.
This Eastern Mediterranean dip can be prepared in just minutes and takes minimal effort. The key to super smooth hummus is to process the tahini (sesame seed paste) with the lemon juice prior to adding the rest of the ingredients.
Traditional tapenade is made with finely chopped olives, garlic and parsley. This recipe replaces the olives with sun dried tomatoes for a twist on the classic French spread. You can a teaspoon or two on top of crispy polenta squares or slather it on crostini for a quick appetizer.
Pesto is a versatile no-cook sauce that delicious with just about anything it touches. You can combine it with mayonnaise to create a flavorful spread or toss the pesto with pasta and grilled chicken for an easy weeknight meal.
Chimichurri is a classic Argentinean herb and olive oil sauce usually paired with grilled meat. It's delicious with steak, chicken, fish and even grilled tofu. Chimichurri is also great as a salad dressing.
Romesco is a raw red pepper and almond sauce that originates from Spain. This healthy dip is a healthy alternative to ranch or blue cheese dressing for a crudite platter or grilled vegetables.
- 4 Spectacular No-Cook Sauces
- 3 Savory Soup Recipes for Winter
- 5 Spectacular Shellfish Recipes
- Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp and Other Summer Shrimp Dishes
- Sunday Baking: Cinnamon Chocolate Churro Cupcakes
- 3 Vegetarian Recipes to Try on Meatless Monday
- 5 Fabulous Fish Recipes
- Avocado and Corn Fritter Burgers and Other Amazing Avocado Recipes
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Basil Pesto and Chicken
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Basil-Garlic Sauce
- Italian Pesto Sauce
- Farfalle with Shrimps, Tomatoes Basil Sauce
- Farfalle with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella
- Smoky Chicken Tacos
- Classic Basil Pesto Sauce
- Polenta Squares with Ricotta & Basil Pesto
- Arugula Walnut Pesto
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- Grilled Chicken with Creamy Lemon, Tomato & Basil Sauce