We love so many things about today's beautiful Peace Sign Cake from the super awesome site; Handmade Charlotte. This cake recipe makes a moist dense outer layer, with a colorful design embedded within. It's a wonderful way to share a teen's birthday or a fun surprise for friends or family. It would be the centerpiece for a creative themed party. Once you learn the secret to making this delicious dessert, the possibilities are endless.
The recipe actually uses a pound cake mix as the base. Eggs, butter and milk are added to make a pound cake that is rich and flavorful. Then, part of the cake mix is divided out and the colors are added. The colored mix is then squeezed randomly into small pans, making a basic square in order to cut out the shape you are going to embed. The secret to keeping both parts of the cake fresh, is to freeze the design piece and then gently place it into the cake pan holding the contrasting color. Using a pound cake means less bubbles in the cake as it bakes. That's another neat tip from the site.
The full tutorial is available on Handmade Charlotte. There are other tricks to making a perfectly beautiful cake like this. Check out the site and do try to make this neat recipe.
Share you photos with us at Foodista if you do!
- The Peace Sign Cake Mold Feeds Your Inner Hippie
- Miranda Kerr Serves Gluten-Free Organic Cake for Son's First Birthday
- Rainbow Polka Dot Cake
- Strawberry Cherry Icebox Cake and Other Incredible Icebox Cakes
- The Muppet Birthday Cake Inspires Nostalgia
- Train Theme Sugar Cookies Resemble Crossroad Signs
- This Sushi Birthday Cake is a Deceptive Dessert
- 3 Super Fast Gluten-Free Mug Cake Recipes
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Cake Pop Recipes
- Quick and Easy Yogurt Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- Oreo Swirled Cheesecake Brownies with Almond Butter Ganache
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake
- Ice Cream Birthday Cake
- White Cakes w/ Purple Espresso Frosting
- Matcha Vanilla Bean Layer Cake
- Banana Pecan Cake with Cocoa Hazelnut Buttercream Icing
- Chocolate Cake with Caramel Buttercream & Pretzels Bits
- Strawberry Cake w/ Greek Yogurt Frosting
- Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream