The famous Carvel ice cream cake was apart of so many events during my childhood. It was like a family friend that you would only see for special occasions. Nowadays Carvel shops are few and far in between but the memories live on in me and for many of you.
If you cannot get your hands on one of these delicious ice cream cakes, Instructables has a copycat version that comes pretty close to the real thing - chocolate crunchies and all. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream are layered with an Oreo cookie crumble and covered in whipped cream frosting. You can either use store bought or homemade ice cream for this recipe.
Since the ice cream needs time to set in between steps, allow yourself plenty of time to prepare this ice cream cake. Ideally, you would want to start the day before. Another tip for making ice cream cakes is that you want all your tools to be cold to prevent the ice cream from melting to quickly while you work with it.
Whether you are celebrating a summer birthday party, anniversary, or family get together, this copycat Carvel cake should be apart of the creation of these happy memories.
- The Ultimate Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake
- St. Patrick's Day Recipe: Bailey's Spiked Ice Cream Cake
- Ice Cream Cake Pops Look Like Mini Frozen Treats
- Itty-Bitty Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops
- Amazing Birthday Cake Crumb Ice Cream
- Must-Make Easy Turtle Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake
- 3 Ice Cream Sandwiches You Won't Want To Miss This Summer
- Raspberry Pistachio Ice Cream Cake
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- Crazy Good Nanaimo Ice Cream Bars
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Baked Peaches and Cream
- Easy Snow Ice Cream
- Outrageous-Coconut-Cream Meringue Cake
- Banana Split Sundae Ice Cream Cake
- Peach Ice Cream Cake
- Ice Cream Birthday Cake
- How to Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker