Fast food doesn't have to mean burgers and fries. Quick and easy meals can be as simple as opening a can of tuna fish and tossing it with vegetables. On warm summer evenings, we love a simple tuna salad with our favorite vegetables and dressed with vinaigrette. We love this grilled veggie tuna salad recipe from Hungry Girl. She grills asparagus, eggplant, onions and tomatoes, then tosses the veggies with a pouch of StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy tuna and Romaine lettuce. Her healthy salad is then simply dressed with a light balsamic vinaigrette.
For another quick and easy canned tuna recipe, try the tasty Tuna Tostadas. Simply season tuna and vegetable with chili powder and cumin, warm it up in the microwave, divide the mixture among tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and grill! Kids and adults alike will love this easy and tasty meal!
Get both delicious and healthy recipes below.
Makes 6 servings
2 cans (4.5 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, Low Sodium, drained
1 cup no salt added canned corn, drained
1 cup diced red bell peppers
¼ cup sliced green onions
2 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
6 soft corn tortillas
6 Tbsp. shredded low-sodium cheddar cheese
Optional toppings: salsa, chopped lettuce, cilantro, lime juice.
Combine tuna, corn red pepper, onion, chili powder, and cumin in microwavable bowl. Cook on high 2 minutes. Spray tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Divide corn-tuna mixture among tortillas. Carefully place over well-oiled grill or nonstick grill pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill over medium heat about 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with lime juice, cilantro and shredded lettuce and salsa if desired.
Hungry Girl’s Grilled & Chilled Veggie Tuna Salad
Makes 1 serving
8 thin (or 6 thick) asparagus stalks, tough ends removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup eggplant cut into 1-inch cubes
One 1/2-inch-thick onion slice, rings intact
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
One 2.6-oz pouch StarKist Tuna Creations®, Sweet & Spicy
2 tbsp. light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Bring a grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add asparagus, eggplant, and onion. Cook until slightly softened, 6 - 8 minutes.
Flip veggies, and add the cherry tomatoes to the pan. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip tomatoes. Cook until all veggies are soft and slightly blackened, about 2 minutes.
Transfer veggies to a medium bowl. Let cool completely.
Chop onion. Cover and refrigerate veggies until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
Place lettuce on a large plate or in a large bowl and evenly top with chilled vegetables and tuna. Top or serve with dressing.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received no payment for this post.
- Light and Healthy Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- Low Calorie Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad and Other Quinoa Salad Recipes
- Atún a la Vercruzana: Easy Veracruz-Style Tuna
- Grilled Mojito Chicken Bowls with Quinoa
- Scrumptious Skinny Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Easiest Ever Gluten Free Lentil Fennel Artichoke Salad
- Light and Healthy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup with Gluten-Free Option
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Spicy Chipotle Couscous Salad
- Spicy Chipotle Couscous Salad
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- Fresh Tarragon and Lentil Salad
- Savory Chicken Meatballs with Penne Pasta
- Roasted Alaskan Salmon with Cherries
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Easy Apple, Pear and Pomegranate Tart