Wawano Packing company of Cutler, California has recalled specific lots of whole white and yellow peaches, nectarines-white and yellow, plums, and pluots that were packed between June 1, 2014 through July 12, 2014 due to the potential contamination of Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria can cause serious and sometime fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly, and those with a weakened immune system. Most at risk are pregnant women who can suffer miscarriage or stillbirth if infected.
The recalled fruits were shipped directly to retailer and wholesalers. Because the location of the companies that purchased the fruit, there is a nationwide recall. Anyone who has the recalled fruit in their possession should not consume them and should discard them. Consumers who have questions should contact Wawona Packing at 1-888-232-9912, Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm EST, or visit www.wawonapacking.com .
- Foodborne Sickness: An Infographic On Top Causes And Recall Costs
- Listeria in Cantaloupe Has Killed 8
- Food Recall - Pacific Cilantro
- Food Recall - Honeycrisp Apple Cider
- Listeria in Cantaloupe Outbreak Worst Since 1924
- Deli Meat Contaminated with Listeria Recalled
- Tyson Recalls 40,000 Pounds of Ground Beef
- E Coli Alert: Jimmy John's Clover Sprouts
- Not MY Plate
- Recall Natures Own Butterbread