While the world celebrated the birth of Prince George on July 22, 2013, a cheese was made that very day to celebrate the occasion. This summer, cheese fans and royal followers can enjoy the one-year-old cheese that honors the little Prince with the Westminster Royal Addition One-Year-Old Cheddar, available exclusively at Whole Foods Market locations.
The Cheddar is made on the Somerset, England farm of the Barber family - one of the oldest Cheddar makers in the world. The cheese is aged for 12 months and has a creamy yet savory flavor, perfect for pairing with a cold lager or chenin blanc. The cheese ($9.99/lb.) is only available for a limited time, so check with your local Whole Foods Market!
Happy birthday, Prince George!
- Royal Wedding Cake: Prince William's Unbaked Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Prince William and Kate to Cook in Montreal
- Gift Worthy Cookbooks for the DIY Home Cook
- Mike Geno's Cheese Portraits Will Have You Craving Cheddar
- Ooey Gooey Cheddar Mac n' Cheese
- Sunday Baking: Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Bread
- Quick and Easy Broccoli with Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- Superbowl Bites: Bacon Apple Cheddar Cheese Ball
- Cheddar Apple Grilled Cheese
- Quick and Easy Appetizer: Bacon-Cheddar Cream Cheese Bagel Dip