3D Printers have caught the eye of the U.S. Army, and perhaps may be printing out the next generation of MRE's for the Nation's troops. For instance, Natural Machines has created a 3D food printer that uses fresh ingredients and could be used to make anything from pizza to pastry, pasta to burgers.
Imagine being able to print out a food that contains all the nutrients that an exhausted soldier may be missing? The site: Natural Machines, has created the Foodini, a 3D printer with a more reasonable price tag, making it a feasible purchase for restaurants and home chefs.
The Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center is looking into the potential of 3D printed food.
This burger and bun was created with the Foodini. It may not be exactly what the Army has in mind, but imagine being able to print this type of food anywhere.
- 3D Chocolate Printer Auctioned on eBay
- 5 Army Cupcakes to Celebrate the 236th Army Birthday
- 3D Chocolate Printer Produces Personalized Sweets
- The Chocolate Printer Will Let Consumers Create Custom Sweets
- Animal Print Sugar Cookies Are Wild and Mouthwatering
- Activia Yogurt Print Ad Uses a Giant Cow to Tackle the Tricky Constipation Topic
- Weird Food News: Pizza Perfume
- Carlsberg Belgium Print Advertisement Opens Up Beer Bottles
- Weird Food News: Pizza Jewelry
- Skittles Pointillist Print Ad Campaign Tricks the Eye