Stormy weather has been parading itself across the United States so that means soup in summer. Vegan Thai ginger peanut soup from The Veggie Slaughterhouse is a quick and easy healthy meal. This spicy broth is laced with fragrant ginger and rich chunky peanut butter. The soup is filled with chunks of firm tofu, a variety of mushrooms and spinach. If you want even for of a kick, feel free to add a teaspoon or two of your favorite Asian hot sauce like Sriracha.
The recipe calls for a carton Swanson's Thai ginger broth but if you have a well stocked pantry, you can make a similar broth with ingredients you already have on hand. A Thai soup base usually includes lemongrass, ginger, lime juice and zest, fish sauce and cilantro. For an easy recipe for your own broth, click here.
Thai ginger peanut soup is delicious on it's own but you can add rice noodles to make it heartier or serve it with a tray of crispy vegan spring rolls. To make this nourishing Thai ginger peanut soup, click here.
- Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Light and Healthy Thai Broccoli Salad Bowls
- Thai Inspiration for Meatless Monday
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Vegetable and Tofu Pad Thai
- Stay Cool as a Cucumber
- Splendid Sweet Potato Peanut Ginger Soup
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- Meatless Monday: Tofu Lemongrass Soup
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- Perfect Puddings: 8 Best Recipes
- Thai Shrimp Wraps
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Tilapia Stir Fry With Orange and Ginger Sauce
- Peanut Carrot Bisque
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- Thai Stir-Fry With Spicy Peanut Sauce
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill