Aloo Gobi, or potato and cauliflower curry, is a quick and easy Indian dish that you're family will love. If you are looking for delicious ways to eat more vegetables, Indian cuisine is a good place to start. While their is a wide variety of regional cuisines, the basis of Indian cooking are vegetables, fruits and a plethora of warm spices. Even the simplest of dishes are spiked with curry powder to ensure that each bite is packed with flavor. If you thought vegetables were boring and underseasoned, Indian food will change your mind.
For this vegetarian curry recipe, potatoes, cauliflower and tomatoes are cooked together in a large pot with spices until tender. The key to this dish is to fry the spices in a bit of oil prior to adding the other ingredients. This process opens up the spices' unique flavor and turns this dish from ordinary to positively dynamite. It's best to start with whole spices when possible as they will have a stronger flavor compared to one that has already been pre-ground.
Serve this wonderful meal with warm slices of naan and raita, a yogurt cucumber sauce that pairs perfectly with the warm curry.
- Easy Indian Cooking: Chicken Curry in a Hurry
- Easy Whole 30 Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice
- Meatless Monday: Indian Spiced Cauliflower with Ginger and Cumin
- The New Indian Slow Cooker + Spiced Rice with Potatoes and Peas
- Easy Indian Cooking: Butter Chicken
- Easy Indian Cooking: Spiced Lentils
- Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Easy Indian Cooking: Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- How to Make Your Own Curry Powder