Technique: How To Know When An Avocado Is Ripe
Color is not always a good way to determine if an avocado is ripe. A ripe avocado is relatively firm, but will yield to gentle pressure when squeezed gently.
Here is a handy little tip to know when an avocado is ripe and ready:
1. Look for the stem.
2. Pull out of avocado.
3. Did it not pull out? Not ready.
4. Did it pull out? Look at the color underneath. Brown? Overripe. Green? Ripe and ready!
Related Tools & Techniques
- How do you know when Dragon Fruit is ripe enough to use?
- Dumb question - How do you know if an avocado is ripe?
- Technique: Testing For Ripeness
- How to Pick and Cut a Ripe Avocado
- How Do You Know When To Harvest Butter Lettuce
- Technique: How To Freeze Greens: Collards, Mustard, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Kale
- Technique: How To Line A Square Cake Tin (A Step By Step Tutorial)
- Technique: How to Rescue a Soup From Too Much Salt
- Technique: How To Scale A Fish
- Technique: How To Chop An Onion Like A Pro