Naturally eggless and gluten free, panna cotta (literally "cooked cream") is a flan-like Italian dessert made from sweetened cream and gelatin. Often flavored with vanilla bean or instant coffee, this rich and creamy dessert is incredibly easy and incomparably elegant. Traditionally, the vanilla custard is served with fresh fruit or a sweet-tart fruit compote (like balsamic strawberries or port-poached cherries) to balance the sweetness of the cream. Here are 5 fantastic recipes for this simple summertime dessert!
Vanilla Panna Cotta with Raspberry-Rose Sauce
In addition to being incredibly aromatic, this recipe is as simple as it is sophisticated.
Chocolate Panna Cotta with Port-Balsamic Cherries
The ultimate trifecta of wine, chocolate and cherries combine in this decadent dessert. (Translated)
Honey-Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Grilled Apricots
The perfect balance of sweet & sour make for a luscious dessert.
Almond Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis
Using almond milk instead of cream, this vegan & dairy free version is simply sinful. GFCF
Irish Cream Panna Cotta with Mocha Ganache
Need I say more? Gluten free? Be sure to use GF Irish Cream (like St. Brendan's or Carolans).
- 5 More Perfect Panna Cotta
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Homemade Allergy Friendly Gnocchi
- Perfect Puddings: 8 Best Recipes
- 5 Must Try Olive Recipes
- Thrifty Thursday: DIY Panna Cotta
- Holy Cannoli! 5 Best Allergy-Friendly Recipes to Celebrate National Cannoli Day!
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Classic Julia Child: Poulet Saute aux Herbes de Provence, GFCF
- Best Gluten Free Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- Mac n Cheese-gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegan optional
- How to make cantaloupe sorbet
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Molten Brownie Cake -gluten/dairy/soy free
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Spaghetti Sauce With Meat Balls
- Rainbow Cookies-Pink for Breast Cancer Awraeness Month
- Chocolate Truffle Tartlets