Naturally eggless and gluten free, panna cotta (literally "cooked cream") is a flan-like Italian dessert made from sweetened cream and gelatin. Often flavored with vanilla bean or instant coffee, this rich and creamy dessert is incredibly easy and incomparably elegant. Traditionally, the vanilla custard is served with fresh fruit or a sweet-tart fruit compote (like balsamic strawberries or port-poached cherries) to balance the sweetness of the cream. Here are 5 fantastic recipes for this simple summertime dessert!
Vanilla Panna Cotta with Raspberry-Rose Sauce
In addition to being incredibly aromatic, this recipe is as simple as it is sophisticated.
Chocolate Panna Cotta with Port-Balsamic Cherries
The ultimate trifecta of wine, chocolate and cherries combine in this decadent dessert. (Translated)
Honey-Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Grilled Apricots
The perfect balance of sweet & sour make for a luscious dessert.
Almond Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis
Using almond milk instead of cream, this vegan & dairy free version is simply sinful. GFCF
Irish Cream Panna Cotta with Mocha Ganache
Need I say more? Gluten free? Be sure to use GF Irish Cream (like St. Brendan's or Carolans).
- 5 More Perfect Panna Cotta
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Homemade Allergy Friendly Gnocchi
- Perfect Puddings: 8 Best Recipes
- 5 Must Try Olive Recipes
- Holy Cannoli! 5 Best Allergy-Friendly Recipes to Celebrate National Cannoli Day!
- Thrifty Thursday: DIY Panna Cotta
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Classic Julia Child: Poulet Saute aux Herbes de Provence, GFCF
- Best Gluten Free Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- Mac n Cheese-gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegan
- Light Clam Chowder
- How to make cantaloupe sorbet
- Panna Cotta with Apricot Sauce
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Brownies, a simple recipe for a seasonal sensation
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Mock Mashed Potato with crispy onions and shallots
- Poached Pears with Chocolate Ganache