Figs are in season and you should get them while you can. This fruit works wonderfully in sweet and savory dishes. These recipes showcase the fig's versatility and highlight its sweet flavor.
Fig Tart with Spiked Almond Cream
This impressive tart is a dessert fit to be served at a celebration.
Fig, Caramalized Onion, and Proscuitto Pizza
I like to add a pungent cheese to this pizza, like Gorgonzola or goat cheese.
Homemade Fig Newtons
This childhood snack can easily be made at home with dried figs.
Fig Pain Perdu
Pain Perdu is code word for stuffed French toast. This recipe uses fresh figs and fig jam.
Fig Relish Panini
Panini's are a simple lunch or dinner option.
- Seasonal Eating: Figs With Prosciutto
- Simple Fig and Gorgonzola Tarts
- 5 Cooling Cantaloupe Recipes
- Fabulous Poached Pear and Brown Butter Tart
- Seasonal Eating: Strawberry Galette
- How-To Recipe: Pear Tarte Tatin
- Summer Fruit Tart
- Fresh Fig Tarts, Gluten Free
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Springtime Dishes
- French Tomato Tart with Caramelized Onions
- Fresh Fig Cake With Amaretto Fig Compote And 2 Great Dessert Wines
- Easy Apple, Pear and Pomegranate Tart
- Pain perdu with figs and fig jam
- Italian Breakfast Tart
- Fig and Almond Tart
- Prosciutto and Fig Wraps with Fresh Goat Cheese
- Fresh Cherries in Limoncello with Whipped Cream
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Pain Perdu - Brioche French Toast
- Pain Perdu