A California teen named Taylor is calling for a Girl Scout Cookies boycott due to the nonprofit's transgender policies. In October 2011, the Girl Scouts of America permitted a 7-year-old boy who identified as a girl to join a Colorado troop; Taylor, herself a Girl Scouts member, thinks this choice was wrong.
"Girl Scouts describes itself as an all-girl experience," Taylor said in a YouTube video. "With that label, families trust that the girls will be in an environment that is not only nurturing and sensitive to girls' needs, but also safe for girls." Taylor closes her video, which appears below, with a link to the Honest Girl Scouts website.
The decision to include transgender children in Girl Scouts troops is a controversial one. For its part, Girl Scouts of America said in a statement, "Acceptance of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child in question as a top priority."
Do you support Taylor's call for a Girl Scout cookies boycott? Should the Girl Scouts admit transgender children?
- Mango Creme Sandwich Cookies are the Newest Girl Scout Snack
- Nestle Crunch Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookie is a Limited-Edition Treat
- Girl Scout Cookie Flavored Lip Balm
- Girl Scouts Lawsuit Against City of Hazelwood, MO Thrown Out
- Savannah Smiles are the New Girl Scout Cookie
- Guilt Free Girl Scout Cookies
- Homemade Girl Scout Samoa Cookies
- Cookie Controversy Continues- Girl Scouts Fighting Back
- Maryland Thieves Steal Girl Scouts' Money
- Crumb Bake Shop Debuts Thin Mint Cupcakes for National Girl Scout Cookie Day
- Hazelnut-mocha sandwich cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Incir Kompostosu (Fig in syrup) Turkish Eid Dessert
- Nice Girls' Chicken Puttanesca
- Not Your Mama’s Rice Pudding : The Lazy Girl's Slow Cooker Kheer/ Rice Pudding
- The Lazy Girl's Slow Cooker Rice Pudding
- Happy Call Recipe: Trio Chilli Selar In Just 3 Steps
- Spicy Celery Prawns, Happy Call Recipe
- Pistacio Cake...Almond Financier with pistachios...whatever you call it, it's good...
- Elephant Pudding