It is a common indian spice mostly used in chat masala and fish dishes, similar to parsley.
In Indian dishes it is hardly used raw, but roasted ghee/oil. It is commonly used to make a type of paratha.
Ajwain is sometimes used in a common spice mixture in Ethiopia and Eritrea called berbere. 90%% of the world's ajwain is produced in the Indian provinces of Rajasthan arnd Gujarat.
It's also used as a digestive aid and relieves stomach pain.
Selecting and Buying
Preparation and Use
Sprinkle whole dried into soups, stews, or onto salads.
Conserving and Storing
Cool dry place.
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Ayurvedic Spice Mix
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Green Chilli Pickle -North Indian Style
- Hara Baingan Bharta /spicy Mashed Roasted Eggplant
- Green Chillies In A Peanut Sesame Sauce
- Star Anise
- How to Make Your Own Curry Powder
- Stuffed Eggplant - "Bharwa Baingan"
- Indian Tandoori Chicken