The two best-rated gluten free hamburger buns on the market these days are produced by Udi's Gluten Free and Canyon Bakehouse. Having had the opportunity to try both buns, I wanted to provide a comparative review of these two fantastic products!
Udi's Gluten Free - Nutritional Information
Filtered Water, Tapioca Starch, Brown Rice Flour, Sunflower Oil, Egg Whites, Resistant Corn Starch, Cane Starch, Tapioca Maltodextrin, Potato Flour, Evaporated Cane Juice, Tapioca Syrup, Yeast (Yeast, Potato Starch), Sugarcane Fiber, Salt, Gum (Xanthan Gum, Sodium Alginate, Guar Gum), Mold Inhibitor (Cultured Corn Syrup, Citric Acid), Xanthan Gum, Enzyme (Calcium Sulfate, Enzymes). Dairy, Nut, Wheat/Gluten and Soy Free. Contains: Eggs.
Canyon Bakehouse - Nutritional Information
Water, Brown Rice Flour, Tapioca Flour, Organic Agave syrup, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Xanthan Gum, Eggs, Cultured Corn Starch, Whole Grain Millet, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Yeast, Potato Flour, Sea Salt, Sesame Seeds, Natural Enzymes. Dairy, Nut, Wheat/Gluten and Soy Free.
Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Hamburger Bun
While, in my opinion, Udi's makes the best commercially available gluten free sandwich bread, the texture of their hamburger buns is essentially the same as their sandwich bread. The buns are delicious, if a little bit dry (I tried them both steamed and grilled) and somewhat crumbly. The buns are puffy, which is nice, but they are somewhat dense and tend to become a bit soggy when there are condiments added to the mix and begin to break apart. On the other hand, while my experience with Canyon Bakehouse is more limited, I have been nothing but pleasantly surprised by their products (especially their cranberry crunch muffins - yum!) and their hamburger buns are no exception! With sesame seeds and a fluffy interior, the Bakehouse hamburger buns have a much more fluffy, bubbly texture than Udi's and hold up to healthy doses of ketchup and mustard without becoming soggy or crumbling to bits and pieces. Much more like a traditional soft, fluffy bun Canyon Bakehouse Buns are my pick for your summer cookouts!
- Celiac Saturday: 5 Best Hamburger Buns
- Wheatless Wednesday: Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns
- Udi’s & Rudi’s Launch Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns
- Juicy Burgers with Gruyere, Avocado, and Pickled Onions with Lettuce Buns
- Vegan Entertaining: 5 Great Guacamole Recipes
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
- Gluten Free Veggie Burgers with Chipotle Mayonaise
- 5 Minute Gluten Free Wonder Buns
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Just in time for grill season, terrific tips for the perfect steak
- Grilled Sirloin finished with Black Pepper Chevre
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Lemon Rasberry Bars - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Perfect Circle Burgers
- Perfect Circle Burgers