The Yummi Yogi™ product line of yoga pose-shaped cookie cutters is a fun way to bring yoga into the kitchen! Created in 2011 by a new mom and practicing yogi who loves to cook, the Yummi Yogi™ collection can be used all year long from raw recipes to baked! Adults and kids alike will love fun creations such as:
Honeydew melon poses (or use any large fruit),
Good karma pancakes, corn bread (see below) and red velvet cake yogis,
Downward-facing dog sandwiches,
All materials are sourced in the U.S. and made in Vermont. The Yummi Yogi™ Collection ($40) includes 5 stainless steel cutters (approximately 5″x 5″ in size):
- -1 Crescent Lunge Pose (Anjaneyasana)
- -1 Downward – Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- -1 Tree Pose (Vrksasana)
- -1 Warrior 2 Pose (Virabhadrasana II)
- -1 Warrior 3 Pose (Virabhadrasana III)
Try these fun striped cookies for the holidays!
Classic Holiday Stripe How-To:
- Follow a recipe for a sugar cookie.
- Divide dough in half and place into 2 bowls.
- Mix green and red food coloring into each section of dough.
- Wrap each dough ball with plastic wrap.
- Flatten dough with a rolling pin.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Place a new piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface.
- Cut a 1”x 6” strip of red dough and place on the new piece of plastic wrap. Repeat with green dough and place green strip next to red strip. Continue this process until there is enough dough to fit a Yummi Yogi™ cookie cutter. (Approx. 5” x 5”).
- Gently roll dough again to join strips.
- Place dough in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Cut dough with cookie cutter and transfer to a greased cookie sheet or a non-stick baking mat.
- Gently press dough out of cookie cutter onto sheet and bake accordingly.
Materials needed: Ingredients for sugar cookie recipe, Yummi Yogi™ cookie cutter, 2 bowls, 2 spoons, cookie sheet, rolling pin, food coloring, plastic wrap.
Check out Yummi Yogi for more inspiration, to buy online, or to become a wholesaler!
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!