If romancing the coffee bean is your first thought of the day, you aren't alone. Nescafe Mememto has shared the results of a recent survey that may shock you:
The Coffee Shop Crunch:
Americans who consume specialty coffee drinks are spending, on average, over $400 a year on their foamy creations- or the cost of a 6-night Caribbean cruise. The bigger question is, what other costs are coffee drinkers unknowingly incurring while at the mercy of baristas?
· Living Large: 92% of specialty coffee drinkers feel that beverages at coffee shops are overpriced.
· Beware the Barista: 1 in 3 specialty coffee drinkers have gotten an eye roll from a barista just for making a special request in their order. Is this really how you want to start your day?
· How Sweet It Is?2 out of 5 coffee drinkers incorrectly think that a cupcake has more calories than their specialty café drink.
· Not-So-Speedy Service: On average, specialty coffee drinkers are spending 7 minutes per day in line waiting for their drinks – or 2,555 minutes per year. That’s almost 2 entire days each year spent looking at the back of a stranger’s head!
· Give him a break! With his radio show, American Idol, E! News hosting gig and running the world (we think), Ryan Seacrest is the most deserving of a coffee break in the eyes of caffeinated Americans. Raising a small army at home earned Brad Pitt second place.
Check out Nescafe Memento on their Facebook page and let them know how much you love your daily cuppa.