September 18, 2012
There are two things that make a delicious kung pao chicken: roasted peanuts and chili sauce. This recipe has both. Instead of spending money on take-out, heat up the wok and cook this dynamite dish at home. Serve your kung pao chicken with plenty of steamed rice.
1 1/2 pounds Chicken Breast Meat
2 tablespoons White Wine
2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1 teaspoon White Vinegar
2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
4 Green Onions, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
5 ounces Water Chestnuts, sliced
In a small bowl, dissolve 1 Tablespoon of the cornstarch in 1 Tablespoon of cold water. Combine with 1 Tablespoon wine, 1 Tablespoon soy sauce and 1 Tablespoon oil.
Remove chicken from marinade and saute chicken in a large skillet until meat is white. Discard marinade.
Add green onions, garlic, water chestnuts and peanuts and heat sauce slowly to a boil.
Serve with rice and plenty of water to drink.
- Check Out This Tasty Kung Pao Frog Legs Recipe
- Crazy Good Crock Pot Sesame Chicken
- Crazy Good Thai Chicken Meatballs
- Thai Inspired Chicken Satay Burger
- Kung Pao Chicken with Cashewnuts
- 5 Copycat Chicken Recipes for Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes
- Crazy-Good Chinese Steamed BBQ Pork Buns
- Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Quick and Easy Ginger Chicken and Broccoli Bowl
- Light and Healthy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup with Gluten-Free Option