Subtly sweet and nutty with a malleable, chewy texture, the roasted seeds from inside your Halloween pumpkin are one of the most nutritious and flavorful seeds around. While pumpkin seeds are available year round, they are the freshest in the fall when pumpkins are in season.Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, are flat, dark green seeds. Some are encased in a yellow-white husk, although some varieties of pumpkins produce seeds without shells. Like cantaloupe, cucumber, and squash, pumpkins and pumpkin seeds belong to the gourd or Cucurbitaceae family.
- 4 Best Ways to Use Pumpkin Seeds - Gluten Free!
- Mexican Pumpkin Seed Sauce
- Pumpkin Seed, Garlic and Parsley Pesto
- Fried Pumpkin: Indian Style
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 4 Ways
- Toasted Chili Lime Pumpkin Seeds
- Heidi Klum Goes Pumpkin Carving with her Kids
- Wheatless Wednesday: Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Sweet and Spicy Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds