American Cheese- جبنه امريكيه
A mild flavored processed cheese made from a combination of natural cheese and added ingredients. American Cheese can be yellow, orange or white, and is the cheese of choice for cheeseburgers due to its consistency and ability to melt easily. It is readily available in slices, grated, in pastes and spreads.
The taste and texture of different varieties of American Cheese vary considerably, and mostly depend on the percentage of cheese versus additives used during emulsification. Varieties with lower percentages of additives tend to taste more like natural, unprocessed cheese. Depending on the food manufacturer, the color of the cheese (orange, yellow, or white) may indicate different ingredients or processes.
Selecting and Buying
Preparation and Use
American cheese is used in sauces, dips, and spreads, and is typically the cheese that's melted or grilled in sandwiches and on hamburgers.
It is widely used in American cuisine, for example on cheeseburgers, in grilled cheese sandwiches, and in macaroni and cheese, salads, casseroles, biscuits and pies.
Conserving and Storing
American cheese should be refrigerated at 46 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit or 8 to 13 degrees Celsius. It keeps well for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- Blue Cheese- جبنه معفنه, روكفور
- Romano Cheese- جبنه رومي
- Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese- جبنة ريكوتا كاملة الدسم
- Provolone Cheese- جبنة بروفولون
- Brick Cheese- جبنة البريك
- Arabic Cheese-Jibneh Arabieh Cheese- جبنه عربيه-
- Low Fat Cream Cheese- جبنه كريم قليلة الدسم
- Ackawi Cheese- جبنه عكاويه
- Caraway Cheese- جبنه بالكراويه
- Farmer Cheese- جبنة المزارع - جبنه طريه