Black Valentine Green Bean
A snap variety, producing straight, slender and stringless green beans. Good for early planting, matures in 48 to 70 days. Heirloom variety dating to circa 1850.
This group of beans is a favorite for the home garden and can be grown just about anywhere because they have a relatively short growing season. They can be planted from seed as soon as the soil is warm (day temperatures are around 60 degrees Farenheit), in full sun and loose, well drained soil. Bush type beans are very easy to grow and manage, reaching a height of only 2 feet tall. To control harvest, bush beans can be planted every two weeks.
- Black Beans & Green Peas With Rice & Barley
- Meatless Monday: Butternut Squash and Black Bean Stew with Kale
- Sizzling Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Vegan Black Bean Tacos
- How to Make the Perfect Black Bean Veggie Patty
- Meatless Monday: Black Bean and Veggie Burgers
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Black Bean Burritos
- Taco Tuesday: Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- Black Eyed Pea With Collard Greens
- Thrifty Thursday: Green Bean Casserole Makeover
- 5 Great Green Bean Sides