The dried flower buds of the clove tree, considered to be a pungent spice with a very distinctive taste and aroma. Cloves are widely used in cooking to flavor sweet and savory dishes alike. Cloves are available whole and in powdered form.
The oil of cloves can be used to create a flavor similar to vanilla, but is more often used in cosmetics, aromatic decorations such as pot-pourri and to ease toothache. The oil of cloves is a natural anesthetic in the mouth and can be used to sooth a cough or injury. Often associated with sweet dishes in the United States, cloves are also used in savory preparations, especially curries in many parts of the world.
flowers like shape, sharp and spicy
Selecting and Buying
- The French 44
- Chicken with Chocolate Sauce
- Menchie's Frozen Yogurt to Open Pop-Up Shop at Toronto International Film Festival
- Wyclef Jean to Open Restaurant in NYC
- Master Mixologist Michael MacDonnell Teaches the Art of Cocktail-Making
- David Furnish to Open Champagne Lounge at Las Vegas' Caesar Palace
- Homemade Chai Tea
- Coconut Delights (Cocadas)
- English Mixed Spices
- Cuckoo for Coconut Chai Shake