Fresh Mangosteens are a tropical fruit explosion that melts in your mouth. Inside each Mangosteen's woody dark purple shell are 5 to 7 plump, moist cream-colored sections whose flavor has been described as... "indescribable."
Savor Fresh Mangosteen by simply holding the fruit with the stem-end down and cut around the fruit's middle or "equator" with a sharp knife. Open the shell and lift each creamy white segment out with a fork. Mangosteen has a silky, mouthwatering texture and a flavor combination of ripe peach, creamy orange, strawberry and citrus. (It's often compared to a Lychee.) Decorate fruit platters or appetizer trays with beautiful half open mangosteen fruit cups that will keep your guests talking and asking for more!
Best eaten alone fresh out of the shell. Perfect in salads, fruit platters or as a dessert. Puree into sorbets or ice cream for a intense tropical flavor explosion. Keep refrigerated and use within 3 to 4 days. (May be frozen after peeling, but flavor is best enjoyed fresh.)
- Spiced Mangosteen Chocolate Cake
- Grilled Pork With Mangosteen Bbq Sauce
- Deva Naturals, "Bbq'd Mangosteen Chicken Drumsticks" !
- Grilled Wild Salmon With Deva Naturals, Mangosteen Bbq Sauce
- Grilled Wild Salmon With Mangosteen Chutney
- Mangosteen Avocado Yogurt Parfait
- False Mangosteen
- Wild Mangosteen
- Button Mangosteen