Based on the Spanish cheese Burgos, queso fresco is one of the most favorite Mexican cheeses. It is fresh cheese of various sizes and shapes made from a mixture of cow's and goat's milk. It has a grainy feel and very mild, fresh acidity. It is used for grilling and baking and it can also be used in salads. When heated, it softens but does not melt.
- Queso Chihuahua
- Queso Palmita
- Where Did Queso Originate
- Orzo With Cherry Tomatoes, Zucchini and Queso Fresco
- Cheesy Queso Fresco Salsa
- What are some good ways to use queso fresco?
- Vegetarian Green Chili with Queso Fresco
- Grilled Corn With Chili Pepper Jam nad Queso Fresco
- Quick and Easy Gluten Free Queso Blanco Recipes
- Green Plantain Pancake w/ Cheese and Tomato Scallion Sauce (Arepa de Platanos Verde con Queso y Salsa de Tomate y Cebolla)