A fresh skimmed cows milk cheese made in the area of Acceglio in Piedmont. It is a summer cheese with a slightly tangy taste.
In production the raw milk is brought to about 18-20 degrees Celsius, adding natural sheeps' rennet (curdles the milk). After coagulation, the mass is placed in special stoves, after giving it a round shape. It ages for 2 to 3 days.
It is a rare product as it is not produced widely.
- Acceglio Cheese
- Can Fontinella Cheese Be Substituted For Fontina Cheese?
- Holy Cannoli! 5 Best Allergy-Friendly Recipes to Celebrate National Cannoli Day!
- Four Cheese Sauce
- Pasta Shells Stuffed With Cheeses
- How Is Mozzarella Cheese Made
- What Can Be Substituted For Fontina Cheese
- Italian Cottage Cheese
- Accasciato Cheese
- Piave Cheese