The jonnycake originated with the native inhabitants of North America; the Algonquians of the Atlantic seaboard are credited with teaching Europeans how to make the food. The Dominican version of the jonnycake, was supposedly brought over by African-American freed slaves who came to the Dominican Republic to work on the docks and sugar cane plantations at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th centuries.
Crunchy fried bread.
- Dominican Yaniqueques
- Dominican Triples Sandwich
- How To Make Red Beans Dominican and Rice?
- Dominican Yucca Empanadas (Catibias)
- Spanish Chestnut-Chorizo Soup with Saffron and Thyme
- Clams With Spanish Sausage
- Jamon Serrano and Melon
- Spanish Ham Croquetas
- 5 Best Gazpacho Recipes
- What to Look For When Buying Spanish Cured Meats